Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vintage Handkerchieves

Vintage Hankies harken back to a more innocent and simpler life.  Where women carried hankies to all occasions and they each had a special message.  Today we use them for weddings, brooches, aprons, quilts and more.  Here are a few in my shop at Zibbet, Flamingo K's Boutique .  These are sold in a set for your project.  I have more on hand and will  be listing them soon in my Artfire Collectibles Studio, Flamingo K's Collectibles and Ephemera.

Southern Lady's Vintage is spotlighting Vintage Linens this week, and she's having a Blogfest this coming Saturday, October 30th.  She has shared pictures of a wonderful Vera Linen Tablecloth and has many lovely entries for this Saturday's feast listed.  This looks to be fun, so stop on by and join us all . 

2 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Karen, I am soooooooooo happy that you could join in!! I love your beautiful hankies! Thank you so much for linking in. I hope that you voted for next week's theme! If not the voting poll is in the upper left hand side of the blog. The voter will end this evening so that I can announce the upcoming Saturday theme tomorrow morning in order to allow people time to prepare their photos and their blog posts. I am thrilled to have you join in! There will be a blog party each Saturday. I leave the linking tool up for many days after Saturdays so if you get tied up with something else on Saturdays you can still link in for several days. Thanks for participating!

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

I was thrilled to find your site! I don't check into the Artfire forums very often these days, so it was quite a stroke of luck to find your note there. Seems I've been missing out for quite some time on something pretty wonderful. I'll be sure to got back to visit and vote today. Thank you so much for commenting so everyone visiting can enjoy your Saturdays, too.