Saturday, November 20, 2010

Vintage Advertising Tin

Southern Lady's Saturday BlogHop is featuring Vintage Sharing of Our Choice this weekend.  So, I'm featuring this little Nyal Aspirin Advertising Tin that's in Flamingo K's Collectibles Studio.

Mom kept her sewing and embroidery needles in this and it's been living happily in her sewing box since the 50s' or maybe earlier.  Since it didn't get tossed about much and it lived in the dark most of the time, the colors and finish are in great condition considering it's age. 

5 comments:

Antiques Galore Gal said...

My mother kept sewing items in an old tin also! So many uses for them, even today.

Vintage Tinsel said...

I remember these tins. having to press on one corner to open. Now we have to fight the twist cap! Oh for a simpler time!

ThreeOldKeys said...

sweet! that's a tin i don't remember, and a brand i don't remember.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I don't remember that brand of aspirin but my Mom used the old Bayer aspirin tins for little small things like needles too! Thanks for link another great post Karen!!

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

I was so surprised to see this. I totally forgot that I had scheduled this to appear on yesterday's "Love". Man, I need some sleep ;) Thanks for all your comments, Ladies. I remember a box like this in the medicine cabinet with small packets of powder aspirin. It's a unique color for that era...kinda yellow, kinda orange. Mom had an apron of the same color in checks.